Saturday, September 19, 2009

T- 2 weeks til closing. I just deposited half of the closing costs in the bank and am going to do the rest next week. I hate spending money, but I have to keep telling myself that this is an investment, it is not throwing money away.

Greg and I took the dogs and walked around Bayside today. We parked at Little Bohemia and walked from there, getting ideas and seeing how other cottage owners have done renovations to other cottages, some successful and some not. We got some ideas for the exterior. I think we settled on pricing out triangular windows for the four upstairs dormers.

Two of the dormer windows are currently blocked off and the other two have rectangular windows in them. I think that with proper windows the upstairs will have a lot more light. Notice the small window between the dormers under the eave? That's the one and only bathroom, set narrowly between the two dormers that open into the bedrooms. I think a good prism skylight right ther in the roof will do wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment