Monday, January 25, 2010

It's hard to blog about work going on at the cottage without being there. What I know is this: When I spoke with Greg the other day, he was exhausted from putting in new roof stringers. The original roof line completely sagged in the middle, making the job of sistering the old roof stringers a very tough job. Greg and Seth (no relation) got about half the stringers up by themselves using two ladders and a sledgehammer. They are straightening out the roof line as they go. Greg reported in last night that he spent Sunday cutting and laying out all the framing for the actual staircase. He spent seven hours cutting and matching the framing to the crooked-ness of the house
Meanwhile, I am furiously taking in rental weeks. I think I added at least four or five weeks to the rental schedule while I've been in New York. It's been difficult with Sunnyside since we have no interior photos yet. I am relying on the photos and comments from the Little Bohemia website to show folks how we operate.

No comments:

Post a Comment