Friday, December 11, 2009

I've given up my art history books in favor of a pick-axe and a shovel.

My digging project is still on-going. I spent yesterday rebuilding the knee wall that I hired someone to make for me because it was neither straight, nor the way I wanted it to look. I spent most of the morning digging a trench for the wall, which is made of about 90 cement blocks that I moved around myself. I took the excess dirt and filled the holes in the bricks so that the unmortared wall is solid. So, the wall dips in the middle and not all the way straight....it's staying!! It does fufiill my plan to increase the dry storage under the house. I also finished making the space under the house flat and ready for sheeting and stone. I still have to back fill behind the wall and also finish filling the holes in the wall...no problem since there is a pile of dirt in the driveway that needs to go somewhere. I then have to do some more digging in the garage area to level it out. I should be done by tomorrow.

Work is getting in the way again though. Greg is working as fast as his fingers will let him to get pieces out by Christmas. He is having a trunk show on Saturday night at the home of one of his best clients. I am making the finger food.

Hopefully, we will be able to remove the windows on the second floor starting on Sunday. I arrived at the house yesterday to find a three foot long snow pile in the living room. It was located just under the area where the first floor addition joins to the house. We had wicked winds here the other day when the snow storm hit, so I think the snow came in underneath the bay window.

After the windows are in, framing the walls comes next, then electric, plumbing, insulation and walls....

No comments:

Post a Comment